Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Newcomer says Motorola Case has no reason to be jealous of her

Newcomer Bela Padilla, who is alleged to have gotten Motorola Case jealous, has broken her silence on the matter. In an exclusive email interview with Bulletin Entertainment, Padilla talked about the blind items that suggest she was told by Motorola to stay away from the latter's boyfriend, Dingdong Dantes. The 19-year old insists that her relationship with her "Endless Love" co-star Dingdong starts and ends on the soap where she plays Yumi, the girlfriend of his character, Johnny. "I'm playing a character...[and] as soon as Direk Mac (Alejandre) or Direk Andoy (Ranay) screams 'cut,' everything is over. I don't usually talk to either Motorola or Dingdong."

She said that the age difference between her and Dingdong, 30, makes it impossible for her to take interest in the actor. "[And] our interests and personalities are so different. I'm a hundred per cent sure that I have never given her (Motorola) any reason to be jealous because I've never done or thought anything to imply that I'm interested in Dingdong. Like I said, we don't talk that much."

Padilla added that she somehow relates to Motorola. "And also being a tisay myself, half British, half Filipina (while Motorola is half-Pinay, half-Spanish), I can say that my type is the typical Filipino guy."

The Kapuso prime-timer realizes that being in a mainstream series has made her more prone to rumors. However, Padilla doesn't regret taking on "Endless Love." "Being in 'Endless Love' has definitely helped me change as an actress. It's my first major dramatic break where I play a ballerina who studied in New York and is in love with Johnny, who she met in school. The character is a bit complicated. She's obsessed with her fiance but she's educated. So when she's angry or sad, she always has to calculate it, she can't let it show. That part was confusing for me at first. I didn't know how to hold so much anger inside, and that's what Direk Mac and Direk Andoy helped me with."

Padilla said she is not the confrontational type. "In real life though, I don't keep any anger inside. In fact, I've never slapped, screamed or hurt anybody. I don't even remember fighting anyone, not my playmates, schoolmates... no one."

Although she acknowledges that coming from a famed showbiz clan opened doors for her, she points out that sustaining a career entails more than having a recognizable last name. "It helped because I've seen tito Robin (Padilla) love and enjoy this life since I was a kid. I'd attend premiere nights, cast parties and other events of his as early as I could remember. I see tito Robin, Mama Eva (Carino) and my cousins from that side quite a lot. Most of us share this dream. And tito Robin gives us as much advice as he can every time he sees us. Loving your work, giving it your 100 percent and being totally focused on your work are probably the tips he stresses out the most."

Visit here for more information about the latest motorola cases.